ADB on Android corresponds to the English acronym «Android Debug BridgeAnd its translation is «Android debugging bridge». It is a tool that allows communication on a device for troubleshooting or installing applications, granting permissions, uploading files, or activating hidden options. In other words, this feature will allow you create a communication bridge between your computer and your phone to send him orders.
It is one of the common options to use if the computer does not recognize the smart device with the USB cable. Similarly, it is also common perform specific functions described by commands Simple to not depend directly on a menu. Therefore, in this article you will notice what ADB is on Android, what it is for and how to install it on your computer.
As mentioned above, ADB commands work for create a bridge between your computer and your Android phone. In other words, you can send commands from your computer to your smartphone for more direct access, without having to access the main menu or settings.
Basically you will start manipulate or use the phone on your computer, because the actions you can perform include installing applications, restarting your device, sharing files due to the failure of proprietary drivers, among others. It works as a solution if you do not have access to the mobile phone menu.
Before we begin with the installation steps, it is important to note that both Windows and MacOS computers must meet certain requirements. In both SOs, ADB needs a control console. In the case of Windows you will need to install the universal ADB drivers via this link.
Now, Mac computers will have to press the magnifying glass in the menu and write «Terminal”. When you open the program, copy the following command: «Bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/install.sh)". This will allow the drivers that ADB needs to download.
Steps to follow for installation
After you have installed the drivers required to use the ADB commands, you can begin the steps that will be detailed below at install ADB on your computer and connect your Android phone:
- Click this link for to download «ADB installer«in the Windows. If you have a Mac computer, this is the download link and if you have a computer with Linux system you must use this link.
- Once the file has been downloaded, Unzip the contents to a folder on your hard disk (C: ). You can create a new folder and write an easily accessible name.
- Now you have to enable developer options on Android. To do this, go to «settings«Or at»Set«And press»About from device”.
- Then, swipe and tap several times option «Construction number«Until he tells you that the development options are already activated.
- Return to «settings«Or at»Set«On the phone and select the new option that you will see activated in the menu»Development options”.
- Click the «button»Not» such that enable all development options.
- Swipe and tap «USB debugging”.
- Now, connect your phone to the computer Through cable USB. You’ll see a notification appear on your mobile phone indicating your RSA key fingerprint. The press «To accept”.
- Press the keys simultaneously «Win + R«To enter»Run”. Write «CMD«Because»The symbol of the system”.
- For example, if you saved the folder as C: ADB, enter > cd C: ADB on the same command line. Then press «enter”.
- In the new command line you’ll see, type «adb devices«And press»enter”.
- You will notice the word «device» next to the device code. From this step, already you will have your phone connected to your computer via ADB.
ADB commands are simple and unintuitive. To use them, just copy the ADB command and add the path to the file you want to copy. An example would be: «adb pull /sdcard/downloads/todosobreadb.pdf c: user desktop folder». In this section, a list of the most used ADB commands:
- ADB devices: the connection of the devices by ABD will be highlighted.
- ADB installation: Grant permission to download and install an APK file.
- ADB Sweater: will send a file from your phone to your computer.
- ADB Push: performs the reverse action of «ADB Pull», ie it will send a file from the computer to the Smartphone.
- ADB Reboot bootloader: in bootloader mode it will restart the mobile phone.
- ADB Reboot Recovery: It will restart the mobile device in recovery mode.
- ADB Reboot: will force the device to restart.
- ADB Shell: allows you to control the device in text mode. With this command, you will be able to operate with Android code and applications to modify it as you wish.
- Uninstall ADB: will uninstall an APK file.
As you can see, the process for install ADB on your computer it’s quick and easy. You just need to be familiar with using commands to quickly perform the actions you want to perform on your phone. Be especially careful with the file transfer paths from phone to computer or vice versa, because if the instructions are not written correctly it will generate an error.