Google Chrome It is one of the most complete browsers, so much so that many users prefer to visit websites and even develop computer systems. Like other browsers, Chrome offers the ability to use extensions that correspond to downloadable add-ons that may be useful for browsing. In this regard, Chrome has become one of the most comprehensive in terms of hosting extensions, as it offers a large number of add-ons for all types of needs. When you uninstall your browser (for whatever reason), you may lose all this content, but fortunately there is a way to export Chrome extensions quickly and easily, so if you want to do so, then you need to follow all step by step instructions.
Export Chrome extensions
As we know, Chrome Web Store extensions rarely disappear, but when the browser is reinstalled, they are very likely to be removed. However, you can create a full backup of all your extensions quickly and easily so you don’t lose all your tools. Here are some steps that will allow you to export extensions from Google Chrome.
How to export extensions from Google Chrome
- First, you need to open Google Chrome on your computer. By doing so, you will be able to find all the extensions at the top right of the screen.
- Now you should go to the search bar and access the extensions from chrome: // extensions /
- Once they enter the extensions, they will be able to see all the tools that have been installed on the mobile device.
- On the screen for all extensions, you’ll need to find the one you want to export and search for its ID. Then they will have to enter the profile file and then in extensions.
- Find the folder that contains the same ID of the extension you want to export.
- When you select the ID, go to Users> Application data> Local> Google> User data> Default> Extensions> PASTE ID obtained from the previous point. and inside the extensions folder, look for a folder that has the same name as the extension ID you want to export. After that, you should get the full path of the folder from extension to begin the process of export
- back in chrome: // extensions / they will need to activate Development Mode and then select the package extension. Here you just need to paste the path to the extension folder and then export it. They will also be asked to enter an import password.
Chrome extension downloader
- After completing the data, you will need to select Package Extension. When you are done, a warning message will appear with the root path that was imported. Once they receive this message, they will receive a CRX file that will allow you to reinstall the extension in Chrome. Make sure you receive this file so that you can upload it or not.
That’s all. By following these steps, you will be able to export Chrome 2021 extensions on your Windows or Mac computer. After all, do you have any doubts or questions? If you wish, you can leave a comment in the section below.